Plunge into the vibrant underwater world of Earth’s mightiest animals in Whales: Giants of the Deep. Featuring a unique blend of science and storytelling, this interactive experience is filled with engaging ways to explore whales from the inside out. The exhibition showcases stunning artifacts from the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, and more than 20 skulls and skeletons, including from a sperm whale measuring an astonishing 58 feet long! Come face-to-face with these beautiful wonders of nature and see why they have been a source of human fascination for centuries.
- Crawl through a life-size replica of a blue whale heart that’s as large as a car
- Explore ancient and contemporary cultural objects made from whale bone, such as weapons, chiefly adornments, and jewelry
- See the model of a whale head featured in the acclaimed film Whale Rider
- Hear about people whose lives have been inextricably linked with whales, from legendary whale riders to scientists and former whaling families
- Learn how whales get stranded, the techniques used to save whales, and the changing attitudes that have led people from hunting whales to protecting them
Presented in Denver by