Do you have an interest in science, art, museums, the great outdoors, and working with children? APPLY TO BECOME A TEEN VOLUNTEER at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science! We are looking for teens (ages 14-19) who are friendly, curious, team-oriented, and great with kids to assist with our summer camps, and in our children’s exhibit, the Discovery Zone.
Teen volunteers work as part of a team to bring the Museum to life for our youngest visitors and their families by greeting and orienting guests and program participants, and creating a welcoming and engaging space.
Summer camp volunteers are required to complete at least 3 weeklong shifts between June 5 and August 10, 2018. Summer camps shifts are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Discovery Zone volunteers are required to complete two shifts a month during the summer and one shift per month during the school year. Discovery Zone shifts are 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Bus passes are available for your trips to and from the Museum for volunteer shifts
- Free admission to the Museum
- Free admission to IMAX® and Planetarium shows on a space available basis
- Discounts on memberships
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop
- 25% discount in the T-Rex Café
- New skills and experiences to add to your resume and college applications
- Opportunities to meet new people, make friends, and have fun!
- Applicants must be at least 14 years old by May 31, 2018
- Applicants must be available for an interview at the Museum
- Applicants must enjoy the company of children
- Applicants must be team players who are friendly, flexible, patient, and demonstrate respect for people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
Apply Today! This is a popular volunteer opportunity and we encourage you to apply early.
Early application deadline is February 23, 2018
How To Apply
Please complete the online 2018 Teen Volunteer Application
Quotes from Teen Volunteers
“The Museum encourages teaching along with the activities, therefore there is a wide variety of opportunities to learn about subjects one normally wouldn't. There has never been a day that I've come to the Museum and not learned something new. I always have a wonderful time and come home so thankful that I got involved with a program of this caliber. I was able to walk into my current two jobs confident that I had the intellectual, social, and creative resources necessary to be successful. It was relevant job training for most any career I could pursue in the future.“
“Understandably, when I began volunteering with the Denver Museum of Nature and Science (DMNS), I was overwhelmed with nostalgia and feelings of homecoming. Since my first day as a volunteer, I have continued to make happy memories at DMNS, and the sense of belonging and joy that meets me every day at the door has only grown stronger.“
“My first summer volunteering was so much fun. After the summer, I continued to volunteer during the school year on weekends. The following summer I volunteered every other week, and by that time I had made friends with other teen volunteers I now call some of my best friends. I had a newfound confidence and my teachers noticed a difference in me that school year. I couldn't stop talking about my volunteer experience at the Museum.”