The Department of Zoology is looking for volunteers to work with the arachnology collection. Volunteers will provide support in the preservation of specimens, creating archival data labels, determining latitude and longitude of collecting locales, and identifying specimens to family and down to species.
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid attention to detail
- Willingness to follow written instructions
- Basic knowledge of arachnids (spiders and their relatives)
- Must have completed the Colorado Spider Survey Workshop or a Spider Biology course. Extensive on-the-job training with be provided by the curator.
- The next Colorado Spider training workshop will be held Saturday, August 10, 1 - 5 p.m. at Cheyenne Mountain State Park. Please e-mail Paula Cushing at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the class.
Shifts available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Four hours per week
Available to adult volunteers
To apply please complete the online Adult Volunteer Application. If you have any questions, please call 303.370.6419.