The Department of Zoology is looking for volunteers to work with the arachnology collection. Volunteers will provide support in the preservation of specimens, creating archival data labels, determining latitude and longitude of collecting locales, and identifying specimens to family and down to species.
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid attention to detail
- Willingness to follow written instructions
- Basic knowledge of arachnids (spiders and their relatives)
- Must have completed the Colorado Spider Survey Workshop or a Spider Biology course. Extensive on-the-job training with be provided by the curator.
- The next Colorado Spider training workshop will be held Saturday, August 10, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. at Cheyenne Mountain State Park. Please email Paula Cushing at email@example.com to register for the class.
Shifts available Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Four hours per week
Available to adult volunteers
Adult Application Instructions (applicants 18 and older)
To apply please complete our Adult Volunteer Application (PDF | 627KB) and email to Shelley Knepley at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Volunteer Service Department
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd
Denver, CO 80205-5798
Please remember that volunteer placement is a selective process and not all applicants are accepted into the program. The Museum reserves the right to place volunteers in the area staff feels is best suited to the applicant's skills and the needs of the Museum. A minimum commitment of one year is required for most volunteer positions.