Volunteers will support the curation of the world class collection of fossil plants at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. Key duties will include unwrapping fossils, cutting foam for specimen boxes, labeling fossils, inventorying fossils, and loading fossils into the Avenir Collections Center. Training will be provided.
- Fine motor skills
- Ability to write legibly and have strong handwriting skills
- Experience handling delicate objects
- Experience working with collections helpful
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform repetitive, time consuming tasks with care
- Ability to lift and move drawers and specimens up to 50 lbs with assistance
- Ability to work independently once training is completed and ask for clarification/instructions if necessary
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Patience and a positive attitude
On-the-job training and instruction will be provided for each task assigned. No previous experience in fossil identification necessary.
Shifts available weekdays, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm; Sunday shifts may be possible after training and once volunteer is able to work independently. Applicants must be able to volunteer for a four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to applicants 18 or older
Please complete the online Adult Application. If you have any questions please call 303.370.6490.