Assist the Earth Sciences Department with photographing vertebrate microfossils and macrofossils, processing images, and recording metadata. Volunteers will report to the Earth Sciences curator and curatorial assistant. No previous experience with vertebrate fossils necessary.
- Volunteers must be able to work independently once training is completed and with support from staff when necessary
- Previous experience in photography of still items and lighting
- Solid oral communication skills
- Experience with data management in Microsoft Excel
- Solid attention to detail
- Previous experience processing digital images in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Previous experience with microscope use ideal but not required
On-the-job training will be provided by the curatorial assistant and Museum staff as necessary.
Shifts available weekdays, between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm. Sunday shifts may be scheduled with the Earth Sciences curatorial assistant once training is completed. Applicants must be able to volunteer for a four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to applicants 18 or older.
Please complete the online Adult Application. If you have any questions please call 303.370.6490.