The Education Collections volunteer will be responsible for working with the Education Collections Manager and the Education Collections Assistant Manager to maintain the daily responsibilities of the department by pulling specimens for carts and educational programs, putting specimens away, and preparing, cataloging, inventory, and assisting with daily operations.
- Ability to follow specific directions and see tasks through
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Steady hands
- Clear and legible penmanship
- Ability to see fine detail, with magnification as needed
- Solid experience handling delicate collection objects
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Solid working knowledge of computers
- Solid knowledge and understanding of a natural history museum
Education Collections Manager and Assistant Manager will train
One shift per week. Shifts available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8:30 a.m. – noon or Tuesday, 1 – 5 p.m.
One year commitment
Available to individual applicants 18 or older.
To apply please fill out the online Adult Application.