Do you love bugs? Are you computer savvy? Do you have gentle and steady hands? Zoology is looking for volunteers to provide support with databasing and cataloging unrecorded insect specimens. Must be comfortable handling small-pinned specimens.
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Solid computer skills
- Comfortable with transcribing foreign languages and cursive handwriting
- Solid geographical skills
- Experience handling small, fragile specimens
- Must be able to read small print
On the job training will be provided by the curator, collections manager, curatorial assistant, databasing assistant, and experienced volunteers.
Four hour shifts available, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Four hours per week for one year
Available to applicants 18 or older
To apply please complete the online Adult Volunteer Application. If you have any questions please call 303.370.6419.