Do you have library cataloging experience? If so, the Museum library is looking for volunteers to work on original cataloguing to help ensure that materials are safe, accessible, and relevant for educational use.
- Relevant library experience highly desirable
- Cataloguing experience preferred
- Solid computer experience
- Solid customer service skills
- Solid knowledge of information technology
- Organizational and management skills
- Ability to trouble shoot problems and use analytical thinking
- Ability to sit for extended periods to time
- Ability to climb ladders and lift heavy boxes
Museum staff and volunteer will train
Four hour shifts available Monday or Thursday between 9:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m. to start. After training is completed volunteer days are flexible.
One four-hour shift every week
Volunteers must be 18 or older
Adult Application Instructions (applicants 18 and older)
To apply for any of the positions listed below, please complete our Adult Volunteer Application (PDF | 627KB) and email to Shelley Knepley at email@example.com or mail to:
Volunteer Services Department
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd
Denver, CO 80205-5798
Please note: To view and print the form, Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Visit Adobe's Web site to download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
Please remember that volunteer placement is a selective process and not all applicants are accepted into the program. The Museum reserves the right to place volunteers in the area staff feels is best suited to the applicant's skills and the needs of the Museum. A minimum commitment of one year is required for most volunteer positions.