Love photography? We are looking for a volunteer to help photograph Zoology specimens from all collections, including Entomology, Mammalogy, Ornithology, Arachnology and Marine Invertebrates. While you do not need experience with zoological specimens, you should be comfortable handling bones, dried vertebrate and/or small-pinned specimens. We are looking for your expertise in photography to help us catalogue our collection!
Must have prior photography experience, knowledge of photography equipment, and the ability to provide technical support to the Zoology Department in the photographing of collection specimens.
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to handle small, delicate specimens safely
- Must be able to read small print
- Previous experience in photography of still items and lighting
- Solid oral communication skills
- Experience with data management in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator or similar photo-editing software
- Volunteers must be able to work independently once training is completed and with support from staff when necessary
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Some on the job training will be provided by the curator, collections manager, collections staff, and experienced and trained volunteers
Shifts available Tuesday - Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Applicants must be able to volunteer for a four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to individual applicants 18 years of age or older.
How To Apply
Please complete the on-line Adult Application. If you have any questions, please call 303.370.6490.