Top 10 Things to See and Do
1. Revel in the enormity of life-size models of Ice Age animals, including a Colombian mammoth, a saber-toothed cat, and a short-faced bear.
2. Watch as scientists prepare fossil elephants found in Colorado, and examine some of the tools they use.
3. Marvel at a replica of Lyuba—the best-preserved baby mammoth ever discovered.
4. Relive the story of the Snowmastodon Project, the exceptional Ice Age fossil site unearthed near Snowmass Village, Colorado.
5. See real mammoth dung, preserved for thousands of years in the dry caves of southern Utah.
6. Look into a “cave” in southwest France to view reproductions of prehistoric cave paintings and learn about cave art.
7. Learn how mammoth males fought to establish dominance and win a mate.
8. Examine spear points (Clovis points) used by early hunters of North America.
9. Experience the life of a proboscidean (elephants and their extinct relatives) by picking up objects using a mechanical trunk.
10. Learn about the conservation efforts of today’s scientists to protect elephants.