Annual Museum After Dark Gala - Denver Museum
of Nature & Science
Friday, November 2, 2012
A Night in Pompeii: Carpe Noctem!
This year's Museum After Dark celebrated the rediscovery of Pompeii
in the early 1700s and the unparalleled view of this ancient empire
in the Museum's temporary exhibition A Day in Pompeii.
Approximately 800 guests enjoyed a black-tie evening while
experiencing the lifestyle of ancient Rome. Wining and dining like
Romans, dancing, and a unique silent auction were experienced among
some of the world's most amazing scientific treasures.
More than $900,000 were raised-a record for the event. One-hundred
percent of table, ticket, and auction purchases will go to
providing educational programming that seeks to inspire young minds
to think, learn, and grow through science.
- Event Chairs: Henry & Lorie Gordon
- Museum After Dark Silent Auction Chair: Lisa Levin Appel
- Entertainment: Funkiphino, Starkey Productions, Raleigh
- Presenting Sponsors: Henry & Lorie Gordon and Carol &
- Major Sponsors: CH2M HILL, Monty Cleworth, Land Title Guarantee
Company/John and Ginny Freyer, Michael & Katherine Johnson,
Kaiser Permanente, GH Phipps Construction Companies, and Scott
& Virginia Reiman.
- Major Auction Donors: Collector's Edge Minerals, John &
Ginny Freyer, Oster Jewelers, Sage Hospitality, Mr. Jonathan
Saiz, Sanctuary Golf Course, and Waterfall Resort Alaska.
- Media Sponsor: 5280magazine.
3rd Annual Young Professionals After Dark
From 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. approximately 250 young professionals
joined the celebration to explore exhibits after hours, mingle,
dance to live entertainment by Funkiphino and DJ
Skeet, enjoy fabulous fare, and see a silent auction to impress.