Updated by Taran Volckhausen on June 26, 2023
Have you visited our larger-than-life Infinity Theater? Unveiled to the public earlier this year, the Infinity Theater presents an unparalleled and immensely entertaining viewing experience meant to spark boundless curiosity. The new Infinity Theater includes a new lobby entrance with brand new finishings, an impressive new laser projector and sound system, new audio and visual accessibility features, such as a hearing induction loop and updated closed captioning system, enhanced programming, 2D and 3D capabilities and much more.
Get your tickets, here.
HERE ARE 8 FACTS ABOUT THE NEW INFINITY THEATER:
Museum visitors and members experience the magic of the new Infinity Theater at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science on opening day, Dec. 21, 2023. (Julio Poletti/ DMNS)
New Features include:
- A new, high gain 2.9 MDI Premium HGA silver 3D cinema screen, which will provide natural and immersive 2D and 3D experiences with projection system.
- The Infinity Theater has a new surround sound. A premium QSC 5.1 point-source sound system, putting out a combined total of 28,600 watts via 39 speaker drivers.
- New audio and visual accessibility features, such as a multi-channel surround sound, hearing induction loop and updated closed captioning system.
- Related: 12 Fun Things to Do at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- New lobby entrance finishings which will be enhanced even further starting in 2023. Hint: Think lush forest!
- New concessions area offering popcorn, drinks and sweets.
- New laser projection system (see D3D Cinema) capable of crystal-clear imaging. The new laser projection system will be able to show both 2D and 3D films.
- Enhanced programming: In addition to documentaries, we will show Hollywood classic movies, independent movies, livestream concerts and performances, other multimedia shows and have the freedom to use the theater for a variety of other events.
- More sustainable finishings and procedures (examples include eye glass washing equipment and process, LED lighting, energy efficient projection system).
Jane Goodall’s Reasons for Hope
Discover the extraordinary power of hope with "Reasons for Hope," a captivating giant screen film inspired by the remarkable life and philosophy of Dr. Jane Goodall. Through inspiring stories and breathtaking visuals, this film instills a renewed sense of optimism and empowers audiences to become catalysts for positive change in our world.
Get tickets, here.
Flight of the Butterflies in 3D
Embark on a thrilling journey with hundreds of millions of real butterflies through remote mountain peaks of Mexico in the awe-inspiring movie “Flight of the Butterflies” at the Infinity Theater. Witness their perilous migration and uncover the secrets of their secret hideaway in this breathtaking film, featuring remarkable cinematography and an incredible 40-year scientific quest.
Get tickets here.
Secrets of the Sea in 3D
Dive into the fascinating world of the ocean in "Secrets of the Sea." This film takes you on an underwater journey with an incredible variety of enchanting marine creatures, from pygmy seahorses and dazzling opalescent squid to majestic manta rays, tiger sharks and even a clever coconut octopus. This extraordinary film showcases the indispensable role of marine biodiversity in maintaining the well-being of our oceans. Filmed in 16 stunning locations, including Tahiti, Mexico, the Philippines and California.