Updated by Taran Volckhausen on Oct. 2, 2023
Have you visited our larger-than-life Infinity Theater? Unveiled to the public earlier this year, the Infinity Theater presents an unparalleled and immensely entertaining giant screen viewing experience meant to spark boundless curiosity. The Infinity Theater includes an impressive giant screen laser experience, a renovated lobby entrance, audio and visual accessibility features, such as a hearing induction loop and updated closed captioning system, 2D and 3D capabilities and much more.
Get your tickets to the giant screen Infinity Theater, here.
HERE ARE 8 FACTS ABOUT THE NEW INFINITY THEATER:
Museum visitors and members experience the magic of the giant screen Infinity Theater at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science on opening day, Dec. 21, 2023. (Julio Poletti/ DMNS)
New Features include:
- A new, high gain 3D giant screen cinema screen, providing world class natural and immersive 2D and 3D experiences.
- The Infinity Theater has a new surround sound. A premium QSC 5.1 point-source sound system, putting out a combined total of 28,600 watts via 39 speaker drivers.
- New audio and visual accessibility features, such as a multi-channel surround sound, hearing induction loop and updated closed captioning system.
- Related: 12 Fun Things to Do at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- New lobby entrance finishings which will be enhanced even further starting in 2023. Hint: Think lush forest!
- New concessions area offering popcorn, drinks and sweets.
- New laser projection system (see D3D Cinema) capable of crystal-clear imaging. The new laser projection system will be able to show both 2D and 3D giant screen films.
- Enhanced programming: In addition to documentaries, we will show Hollywood classic movies, independent movies, livestream concerts and performances, other multimedia shows and have the freedom to use the theater for a variety of other events.
- More sustainable finishings and procedures (examples include eye glass washing equipment and process, LED lighting, energy efficient projection system).
Antarctica in 3D
Explore the untouched mysteries of “Antarctica.” Narrated by the Academy Award®-nominated actor, Benedict Cumberbatch and produced by the filmmakers who brought you “Planet Earth II,” this stunning visual masterpiece immerses you in the captivating life of our planet’s frozen frontier. Plunge beneath more than six feet of ice to experience a mesmerizing undersea ballet of starfish and jellyfish. Swim alongside playful seals, soar across ice-covered mountain peaks and immerse yourself in the largest congregation of fin and humpback whales ever filmed.
Come experience this profound film that not only serves to entertain but also inspires us to care for and protect Antarctica and our awe-inspiring natural world.
Secrets of the Sea in 3D
Dive into the fascinating world of the ocean in "Secrets of the Sea." This film takes you on an underwater journey with an incredible variety of enchanting marine creatures, from pygmy seahorses and dazzling opalescent squid to majestic manta rays, tiger sharks and even a clever coconut octopus. This extraordinary film showcases the indispensable role of marine biodiversity in maintaining the well-being of our oceans. Filmed in 16 stunning locations, including Tahiti, Mexico, the Philippines and California.