Nature Play Breaks Ground Winter 2022
It’s no secret that Coloradans love our wild spaces. Nature gives us our first moments of wonder, sparking curiosity in young minds and is a bridge to scientific learning and exploration. Playing outside in nature creates opportunities to experiment and question and has the power to transform our relationship to the world around us.
Part nature-inspired playground, and part gently meandering trails and native habitat, Nature Play will honor the diverse ecosystems of Colorado by transforming a 4.5-acre section of City Park into a space where both local nature and people thrive. (For some history on City Park, flip to Museum Treasures on page 11.) The space currently houses a combination of wild meadowland and groomed lawns, paved and gravel trails, a playground, and a forested box canyon that once flowed with water, constructed by early park designers to be reminiscent of the nearby Rocky Mountains.
The project will bring the dioramas inside your Museum to life and serve as a wonderful escape to the far reaches of Colorado within our urban park. The project will reintroduce native plants, restore water flow throughout the project footprint and provide children and families natural play features that interpret the flora and fauna represented in the dioramas.
The new space will act as a bridge between nature and the Museum, providing a freely accessible space for exploratory play and experiential learning for park-goers and Museum visitors alike. We invite you to learn more and to find out how to get involved by clicking to dmns.org/natureplay!
The sun sets on City Park, setting the Denver skyline aglow.
Get The Most From Your Membership
• Visit anytime for free 364 days a year!
• Share your free guest general admission ticket(s) with friends or family.
• Make sure your eCard is up to date with version 4.119 or higher, or download your free eCard if you haven’t yet. Find out more at dmns.org/ecard.
• Read weekly emails with exclusive opportunities to engage, tips and special offers. Not hearing from us by email? Send your address to [email protected]
• Keep your membership current with auto-renew. Enroll online or by calling 303.370.6306 (daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and get a free gift.
• Use your eCard! Receive free or reduced admission at 360 science centers and museums outside a 90-mile radius of Denver and your residence through the ASTC Passport Program, astc.org/passport.
• Add your nanny or babysitter to your membership for only $50. Because memberships are nontransferable, it is important to not lend your card to someone who isn’t named on the membership. The add-on member enjoys many benefits. Not valid on Individual level memberships.
Thank You for Your Support!
For 50 years, your membership has helped us provide outstanding science education programs, exhibitions and research. We are grateful for you!