Summer 2021 Field Seminars
Recreate and Rejuvenate your soul by spending a few beautiful days in the mountains learning with colleagues. Help your students to better understand environmental issues and how to become environmental citizens. This summer, in place of our traditional annual three-day summer course for teachers, we are offering three one-day field seminars in beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. An optional overnight camping experience with astronomy is available.
Content Theme: Native Plants Animals, People & Skies (Mid July- Mid August)
Environmental Theme: Invasive Species
Register for one or register for all four: Note: The park limits us to 13 guest spots per day. These will be offered on a first come first served basis.
Invite Family & Friends to join you. Teachers are welcome to register and bring non-teachers along. But due to Colorado School of Mines restrictions they must be 16 years of age or older.
Physical Conditioning Requirements: Must be able to hike 3–4 miles in mountains at altitude, on and off-trail conditions.
Registration is required. Click the "Book Now" button or call 303.370.6000. Registration closes three days prior to the start date of the program. For questions regarding this course, please e-mail [email protected]
This includes: presenters, a field journal & other equipment and re-licensure credit (see below)
Note: This does not include transportation to and from field sites, breakfast, lunch, or snacks, personal outdoor equipment and clothing. (Participants provide their own.)
Educators will receive either a certificate of hours for each day attended or 2.0 Graduate Level Re-licensure credits from the Colorado School of Mines if you attend all three day sessions and do one classroom implementation assignment in September.
Meeting Location: We will meet at Rocky Mountain National Park Headquarters Parking Lot (Beaver Meadows) promptly each day at 7 a.m.
Schedule for All Three Field Seminar Days:
- Guests driving from Denver must leave by 5:30 a.m. (Or find their own accommodations in Estes Park area the night before)
- Meet at Beaver Meadows Entrance Station 7:00 a.m. (Be sure to park in back part of Parking Lot beyond 1 hr parking signs)
- Carpool to Trailheads/ Program Location: 7:00–7:30 a.m.
- Trail Program 7:45 am–noon
- Sack Lunch noon–12:45 p.m.
- Trail Program 12:45–2:45 p.m.
- Return to Beaver Meadows Entrance Station 2:45–3:15 p.m.
- Guests Returning to Denver arrive 5:15–6 p.m.