Are your students hungry for new learning? Explore the cells and organs of our digestive system, a.k.a. your guts, from saliva to bile and rugae to villi. Learn how your guts work with other body systems to break down food to be used as building materials and to provide a raw energy source for all living cells in the body.
Spanish-speaking educators may be available upon request.
Two programs are available aimed at Grades 3–5 and Grades 6–8
Date and Time
Session dates and times are available by request
- Program begins with a welcome and introduction by a Denver Museum of Nature & Science professional educator.
- Program topic will be introduced with a question or activity.
- Investigate the digestive system while participating in activities.
- Predict and record in a student journal.
- Time will be allowed during program for questions.
- Explore the different functions and parts of the digestive system.
- Identify the structure of the digestive system as well as the structures of the individual parts.
- Explain why the body needs the digestive system to survive.
$140 for one Virtual Science Academy program
$120 for each additional Virtual Science Academy program on the same day
Maximum 30 students per Virtual Science Academy program
Please choose one option:
- Computer connected to the internet with a webcam, external microphone, and external speakers
- H323 video conference codec equipment
- Please plan to test two weeks in advance of your scheduled program
Payment in full is due 30 days before your program. If you book less than 30 days before the program, payment in full is due at the time of your reservation. Reservations are required at least 21 days in advance. The Museum will send an e-mail with a payment reminder 45 days before the program. Upon payment, a receipt will be e-mailed to you along with details for your program.