With 100 trillion bacteria calling your body home, you are a walking petri dish. Bacteria have a bad reputation but you couldn’t digest your lunch without them.
At 7:15 or 8 p.m.:
- The microbes on your body outnumber your own cells by as many as 10 to 1! Find out what’s living in and on you, why it’s there, and why you need it with Embriette Hyde from the American Gut Project.
At 7, 7:30, 8, 8:30 or 9 p.m.:
- Did you know that for the first 4 billion years of our planet’s 4.5 billion year history, bacteria were the only game in town? They also play an important role in fossilization. Check out Museum geology collections with curator James Hagadorn and find out more!
Throughout the night:
- Explore more of the human body in the Expedition Health exhibition.
- Test the bacteria-killing power of different agents like bleach, hand sanitizer and vodka.
- Make your own cuddly plush bacteria to take home.