An exclusive behind the scenes + movie night for Giving Club and Young Professionals
Tuesday, Oct. 19, 5-9 p.m.
Join other Giving Club and Young Professional members for an exclusive experience in the Phipps IMAX® Theater and Avenir Collections Center. Enjoy a private IMAX screening of “Sea Lions: Life by a Whisker,” then journey behind the scenes of the Museum through the anthropology and conservation collections in the Avenir Collections Center and interact with Museum scientists as they show you collections not on public display.
In an environment equally as harsh as it is beautiful, immerse yourself in a coming of age tale guided by one of Australia’s most unique, intelligent and playful animals: the rare Australian Sea Lion. "Sea Lions: Life by a Whisker” introduces you to Otto, the Australian Sea Lion pup, and brings you inside the colony where a life of great intimacy, tenderness and clumsiness must often give way to a life of great sacrifice and bravery. Dive into Otto's world and meet the people that are trying to save her species.
Want to enhance your membership? Learn more about Young Professional or Giving Club membership and their exclusive benefits at dmns.org/Join.
Growing Stock, Growing Generosity
How a Gift of Stock Can Be Win-Win
If you own stock that’s increased in value since you purchased it (and you’ve owned it for at least one year), you have a unique opportunity for philanthropy. When you donate securities to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, you receive the same income tax savings (if you itemize) that you would if you wrote us a check, but with the added benefit of eliminating capital gains taxes on the transfer, which can be as high as 20 percent.
- Receive an income tax deduction for gifts of securities if you itemize.
- Provide relief from capital gains tax with gifts of securities.
- Help fulfill our mission with your contribution.
Take the Next Step
Making a gift of securities to support our mission is as easy as instructing your broker to transfer the shares. First, simply contact Megan Fisher at 303-370-8259 or [email protected] for the Museum’s stock transfer instructions and share those with your broker.
Please note: the Museum does not provide tax advice. Please consult your advisors for details regarding your individual situation.
Get the Most From Your Membership
- Visit anytime for free 364 days a year!
- Share your free guest general admission ticket(s) with friends or family.
- Make sure youreCardis up to date with version 4.103 or higher, or download your free eCard if you haven’t yet. Find out more at dmns.org/ecard.
- Read weekly emails with exclusive virtual content, tips and special offers. Not hearing from us by email? Send your address to [email protected].
- Keep your membership current withauto-renew. Enroll online or by calling 303.370.6306 (daily, 9–5) and get a free gift.
- Use your eCard! Receive free or reduced admission at 360 science centers and museums outside a 90-mile radius of Denver and your residence through theASTC Passport Program, astc.org/passport.
- Upgrade to the Family Plus level or higher and enjoy free admission to the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery.
- Add your nanny or babysitter to your membership for only $50. Because memberships are nontransferable, it is important to not lend your card to someone who isn’t named on the membership. The add-on member enjoys many benefits. Not valid on Individual level memberships.
Thank You for Your Support!
Your membership helps us provide outstanding science education programs, exhibitions, and research. We are grateful for you!