Astrotots to the Moon!
It’s a countdown to fun: put on your helmet and buckle up as we blast off for an adventure that takes us to Earth’s moon and back, all powered by our rocket-fueled imaginations. In this virtual program students will join a museum educator in exploring collection items that have been to space as well as practice their scientific observation skills and creative thinking. Ready to launch? Register today!
Spanish-speaking educators may be available upon request for a fully Spanish program.
Connecting with us soon?
- Download Virtual Science Academy materials here.
- See how to prepare for your day here.
- Learn more about technology and logistics here.
Questions about your program? Email us at [email protected].
Recommended for ages 3-5
Date and Time
Session dates and times are available by request
- Program begins with a welcome and introduction by a Denver Museum of Nature & Science professional educator.
- Students will countdown and blast into Space to view the International Space Station and explore Earth’s moon.
- Educator will share with students real collection items that have visited space while the group imagines spending a day on the moon.
- Students and educator return to Earth and have time for space-related student questions!
Play-pretend can help children envision themselves as scientists while offering practice with language, as well as fine motor and science process skills.
$80 for one Astrotots! Virtual Science Academy program
$70 for each additional Virtual Science Academy program on the same day
Scholarships are available depending on need – inquire with Guest Services today or visit this link here.
Maximum 30 students per Virtual Science Academy program
- Computer connected to the internet with a webcam, external microphone, and external speakers
- H323 video conference codec equipment
- Please plan to test two weeks in advance of your scheduled program
Payment in full is due 30 days before your program. If you book less than 30 days before the program, payment in full is due at the time of your reservation. Reservations are required at least 21 days in advance. The Museum will send an e-mail with a payment reminder 45 days before the program. Upon payment, a receipt will be e-mailed to you along with details for your program. Within the 21 day window, refunds for canceled or missed programs not available.